Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kyra the Bookworm!

I haven't posted just about Kyra in a while...it is so fun to have her home and see her learning and soaking up everything like a sponge. She amazes me with what she remembers and knows. This year she has turned into a bookworm and reads everything in sight. This week alone, she has already read 3 chapter books and it's only Thursday morning! These are some of the books she's gone through in the last couple months.
She reads in my closet...
at the table to Myles(he especially loves to hear the Magic Tree House stories about Jack and Annie)...
standing up at the kitchen counter...
and hanging half way off the couch.
She's only a first grader, but she's been dying to learn a little cursive. Here she is working on her name and her A's:).
Since we are going through books at a fast rate, if anyone has good book recomendations, they would be much appreciated:)!

1 comment:

The Howe Family said...

She and Lily would get along well! :) What book is that she is using for cursive? L is also begging to learn. I taught her her name, but that is it so far. I promised to teach her in second grade. :)
I just asked Lily to tell me some of her favorite books to read and here are her picks: "All of a Kind Family [in the middle of her second time on that one], abridged Little Women, the shorter chapter books of the Laura Ingalls books - I LOVE ALL of those!, Sarah Plain and Tall, Skylark, Kit [the American doll] series."
Would love to hear your recommendations as well!!!