Thursday, January 17, 2013

Note to self...

Last week ended and this week started with car issues and sick kids, extra driving, lots of laundry and disinfecting.  Meanwhile we got behind in history, didn't do any science...normally this would make my first-born check all the boxes personality cringe.  I don't like being off schedule.  But this morning my heart was full to the brim with thankfulness to God as all 5 of us had a conversation about the "real" gospel...about how our souls are cast down and Jesus, our Good Shepherd, restores us.  While disciplining our 8 year old for being disrespectful, we were both brought to tears, remembering that we both struggle with sin, but Jesus paid for those sins and He never runs out of forgiveness.  Oh yeah...this is why I love teaching and being with our kids all day long.  I want these opportunities.  Thank you Jesus for reminding me.

No comments: