Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When I am weak, then I am strong!

Once again we are back in school, starting our 4th week. This year with a 3rd grader, a 1st grader, a pre-schooler, and a 2 yr. old!  We've had a great start, learning about history Rome to present, swimming creatures, singing verses and geography, reading good books, writing stories, practicing letters, and sometimes enjoying math:).  Although the kids learn lots, I often feel like I am learning more.  More about sin, more about grace, more about my dependence on Jesus, more about my children, more about prayer, more about patience.  When people discover that we homeschool, they either react with "excitement", "You must be crazy!", or "You must be super mom!"  But with each year I realize more and more that it's not about me, perfect schooling, or perfect children.  It's about drawing close to the Savior, depending on God's strength, loving what God loves, and walking through life together.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


1 comment:

Mama J said...

Yes, yes and yes! Well said and much needed to be reminded of today! Thanks!