Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is our first day of school. Starting school, in my opinion, is like having a baby. You're never totally ready, you're never as caught up on stuff as you'd like to be, and you're never 100% organized. Yet, the time comes and it works out, it's fun, we all learn, and at times it's a little chaotic:). I'm excited for this year with my kiddos and have been thinking a lot about this quote lately...



I seldom feel like much of an adventurer-standing in this kitchen, pouring cereal into bowls, refilling them, handing out paper towels when the inevitable cry comes: "Uh oh, I spilled." But sometimes at night the thought will strike me: There are three(in my case 4) small people here, breathing sweetly in their beds, whose lives are for the moment in our hands. I might as well be at the controls of a moon shot, the mission is so grave and vast.(Femine Appeal)



I am glad that their little lives are not completely in our hands...God is so much bigger and better. But I do want to use this time I have with them wisely!

1 comment:

The Howe Family said...

Happy first day! We are on day 1 of week 3. : ) Going well thus far! Of course as I type that, K started screaming at a pitch that probably makes windows shatter.

Would you recommend Feminine Appeal? It is on my "to get and read 'someday' list" : )